Sunday 20 July 2008

Dam Work

After a week of quite good weather, I have been thwarted with making progress on the camper due to work commitments. Plus my spare room which has been waiting 5 years for a coat of plaster or two. But despite this I manage a couple of hours this morning. Spent most of the time removing old rusty screws from bits of aluminum profile, that I need to re use for attaching the cladding to the frame. All this is not very exciting or photogenic but has to be done.

I did though get the base in position. It is a very durable and water resistant plyboard used for shuttering concrete formwork. It will be just the job for the base.



Did a bit more timber stud work too, but need some more of the self taping screws before I can do much more. I am also having a bit of a problem sourcing the dimpled aluminum to clad the sides, so may have to change to something else.











To make up for doing the dull stuff thought I would get the door frame in position. Will probably make another door but the frame is good. Well thats about it, will have to do a bit on the spare room tomorrow but may get a bit of time in the afternoon to get some more bits.




4 comments:

Hans Jenssen Illustration said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hans Jenssen Illustration said...

Yay! Go Dickie! And take no notice of that anonymous hooligan who was so unkind and illiterate. I think you're great, and your camper is great too!

Dicky De'builder said...

oopsy sorry Hans deleted your first comment. Dam wine as bad as dam work!!!!!!!!!!!

Hans Jenssen Illustration said...

Come on, come on, your public is getting restless. And don't forget you won't have time for this once you start on my en-suite!